Controlled Substance Licence for VTAs (issued by WORKSAFE – previously Environmental Protection Authority )
For full details on the WORKSAFE website on Controlled Substance Licensing please go to:
- Be 17 years of age or over
- Be adequately trained to handle the required VTA (have an approved handler certificate)
- Require the Controlled Substance Licence for their work
- Complete a fit and proper person assessment.
Applicants will need to complete:
- WORKSAFE application form
- Approved Handler Assessment Paper
- Toxin Assessment Paper(s)
- Work Assessment / Verification
New Controlled Substance Licence: $575 plus GST – (5 years)
Covers Sodium Fluoroacetate (1080), Potassium & Sodium Cyanide and Pindone.
Additional Toxins – such as Yellow Phosphorous, DCR1339, MZP and PAPP = $50 per toxin
Please complete WORKSAFE application form – click on this link to bring up form – csl1
Renewal of Controlled Substance Licence: $475 plus GST (5 years)
Please complete the WORKSAFE application form CSL1 – click on this link to bring up the form: csl1 and
Please note the same form (csl1) is used for both a new application and the renewal of an existing CSL
Payment in Advance prior to Processing:
Geoffrey Paul Allinson
Test Certifier No. TST000045
Please send all completed documentation with appropriate payment to:
Can Train NZ Ltd
PO Box 362, Timaru 7940.